- On-the-Verge is a complementary list to the Top 1000 Short Films, with films between 40 and 60 min.
- Single TV episodes or TV series with similar average runtime will not be included in this list.
- Films presented as a series with qualifying runtime will be on this list.
- When comedies were surreal.
Assignment: find the detective. To find the detective, you need to find a detective first. But you can't find a detective, because the detective needs to be found, so that you can ask the detective, to find the detective. Where is the detective? Or rather, where is the detective, who can find the detective?
Zero for Conduct
(Zéro de conduite: Jeunes diables au collège)
- Vigo wandering in the garden of Renoir, bathing in the light of Cocteau, and crafting in the hands of Vertov.
Playfulness, playfulness, playfulness... This is 1933, When children were masters of time, they smashed on the static mime. The shy kid went to kiss the girl, The sad kid went to kick and roll, The scoundel went to apologize and bow, All is well. Who'd think, that one day, they will too --- grow up and go?
A Day in the Country
(Partie de campagne)
- Those moments unnoticed were secretly put away for the next morning.
Oh! Joy! Be with me like a torment, Warm my heart under the garment, Wash away the present moment. To sit and sing Like a bird with no wing. To run and rest Like a rabbit craving her nest. All the while, Who there is, To smile?
Simon of the Desert
(Simón del desierto)
- "Atheist thanks to God."
Stuck between an unspeakable ecstasy and controllable dreaming, Came Simon. At the foot of the pillar, Came Anthony. At the top of the clouds, Came Lucifer. and where...? and when...? and what are they doing? It is as obvious as a boiled egg, The three are taking a break from their week-end.
- Go find some time!
One should always state the purpose of their visit, upon entering the theatre, or else, one will be visiting the doctor. It is rather dark out here, worse still, it is quiet and dark, worse still, it is quiet and dark and crowded. Not everyone here wants the same story, Not everyone here wants a story.
Blood of a Poet
(Le sang d'un poète)
- ...is used to write the sanguine book of unknown desires.
Man arrived at a hotel, calling himself the writer with Martell. He asked for a cell to dwell, but was led to a floor like hell. He opened the door, There is a kid who starts to yell, a woman who has herself to sell, and a bed that stinks like his cousin's smell. He takes out the pen from his outer shell, "Swell!" he says to himself, "just another story to tell."
Jean-Daniel Pollet, Volker Schlöndorff
- Tides of civilization.
A house by the beach on the island, is visited by people. A house by the beach on the island, is visited by birds. A garden, by cats. park by cats. beach by people. by a lot of people.
- Sex for a cause.
A shadow of crow is looming, It is a sign that is telling, The crowd of hunger is coming. She knew. No time to prepare yourself, Just jump around until it stalls. ... ... What is the best way to satisfy a hungry crowd? No one knows until now, Just do nothing and practice Dao.
- Progresses that will last.
The motor is running Where are we going? The trees are shaking Where are we landing? The dust is flying Where are we staying? The water is pouring Where are we eating? The wind is blowing Where are we sleeping? The motor is running...Oh...
A Man There Was
- Man and his world.
- So how could you do that? - It's futile to live in the past. - After all that? - Yes, after all that? - I must admit...I could've never done that. - You don't have to do it to begin with. - It is good to know you. - So am I. - Now before I leave, tell me one thing. - Yes? - What if...I only used close-ups? (Bresson)